At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Data Test Engineers (DTE) test and verify Pluto TV’s analytics events and data pipeline initiatives across all applications and platforms. This role is a Lead DTE with a focus on Data Quality Pipelines. In this role you will apply your QA, Data Quality, and SQL experience to manually and using automation scripts to test the firing of analytics events and verify those events in downstream databases or files as well as validating a number of data pipelines applications. This DTE will work with Business Intelligence analysts and developers to make sure data quality and integrity is maintained as new events are added to applications. The position requires strong QA experience with a focus on data, knowledge of data pipelines from raw data to reporting, and demonstrable SQL skills. The DTE will work closely with the Manager, Data Test Engineering and also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings, and work alongside product management to address how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
- Work with project teams implementing analytics features into client applications and verify the firing of those analytics events by manually working with devices or initiating scripts.
- Verify applications and tools developed on data, data warehousing & AWS Redshift, Snowflake or columnar databases.
- Verify capturing of analytics events in related file systems or databases through SQL, or a scripting language (Python, Java, shell scripting, etc.).
- Understanding of Data Models, Data Schema, ETL and created extensive store procedures, SQL queries to perform back-end data warehousing testing.
- Experienced in leading, mentoring & coaching other team members.
- Work with Business Intelligence and Product Management to create test strategies, plans and cases that provide acceptable coverage for a given data pipeline, from event creation to reporting.
- Perform data profiling on downstream data for the purposes of finding field anomalies and possible data quality issues.
- Improving data quality, reliability & efficiency of the individual components & the complete system.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology, highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
- Work with other members of Data Test Engineering to compile a regression test suite that can be executed quickly.
- Help create a manageable, repeatable strategy for manual test cases.
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.