Love unscripted TV? We do, too! Our new Vice President, BALA, for ViacomCBS Media Networks will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services for this group in Hollywood, on primarily BET Networks- branded programming, with a focus on unscripted development and production! Come be our operational leader on high-level deals and projects and handle a heavy volume of matters relating to both “in-house” and third party productions.
Our BALA department handles unscripted programming, news programming, tent-poles and works closely with the networks’ Management teams as well as many other departments (including Programming, Talent, Publicity, Music & Media Licensing, Labor & Employment, Risk Management, Pre-Broadcast Content Review, Intellectual Property & Litigation and Accounting/Finance).
- Primary duties will include structuring, drafting and negotiating complex agreements (e.g., rights acquisition, producer, writer, production services, and talent agreements, format licenses, venue and location releases, etc.)
- Performing and/or supervising day-to-day legal production work for presentations, pilots, specials and series, and advising and consulting with clients and outside production companies regarding production-related legal matters (including guild, union and other employment law issues)
- Reviewing and approving legal contracts for execution by management
- Participating in and contributing to strategic deal discussions and researching issues; providing complex risk assessment for production-related matters; advising and communicating with various other departments within Viacom Media Networks regarding exploitation of original programming across all media platforms
- Counseling the client groups on a wide variety of other legal matters, including guild/union and labor issues, IP rights, off-channel marketing and promotions, insurance, product integrations, online and music issues