Our open Senior Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services, primarily for the Nickelodeon Animation studio, with a focus on original animation development and production. The role will balance a heavy volume of matters relating to both “in-house” and third party productions.
Primary duties will include the following:
- Draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of development and production agreements, primarily for animated projects, including development agreements, production services agreements, producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, vendor agreements, license agreements and rights acquisition agreements.
- Provide advice for productions and work with a broad range of departments (Production Management, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Risk Management, Litigation, Music & Media Licensing and Pre-Broadcast Content Review) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
- Advise various departments for the networks (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex BALA matters.
- Review and analyze chain of title and other rights issues.
- Review scripts and programming for clearances and potential legal risks.
- Develop and craft deal parameters and templates and forms.
- Partner with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.