Viacom is looking for a hardworking Senior Android Engineer to develop cohesive applications to content based technical challenges. The role will be end-to-end from understanding the goals and roadmaps of the product and other engineering teams, through the design and architecture of any solution and the delivery and maintenance of those platforms once in place.
You will participate in the definition of product requirements being able to articulate how the engineering effort will align to those requirements and provide accurate estimates of the effort.
You will also be working with a team of engineers through the development process, including implementing standards around code, tooling, metrics, progress reporting and interactions with the QE team to ensure a quality first approach to any work.
- Hands on software development on the Android /Amazon platform that drives multiple applications for some of the most popular global entertainment brands
- Design, develop, test, deploys new applications as well as maintaining, integrating and improving existing applications
- Work with the product team to understand and deliver on their requirements
- Lead individual project priorities, deadlines and work.
- Participate in preparing business cases, requirements documents and product roadmaps for the Android platform.
- Attend and participate in meetings and multi-disciplinary committees as required
- Prepare architectural diagrams and technical specifications for the engineering team to deliver high quality, maintainable software
- Represent coding standard methodologies through sharing your expertise, performing code reviews, and mentoring engineers
- Experience programming in Java and Kotlin
- Experience using Gradle and Android Studio
- Experience following and implementing software design patterns.
- Able to work with multiple scrum teams in an agile process.
- Experience with unit testing, test driven development, branching patterns and continuous integration / deployment
- Be an advocate for high quality software and excellent user experiences
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate conversations with business partners in project definition, business requirements definition and functional design sessions.
- Eye for quality and user experience
- Translate business objectives into software requirements