We are currently looking for a Senior Director, Production Operations, who will lead our efforts in building a highly reliable, scalable streaming TV product. In particular, this person will work on reporting and monitoring, support reliability and build ITIL standards, and responding to issues in a 24/7 environment; triaging emerging issues and planning for the future. This position will lead a team of Engineers and Analysts, and calls for both hands on technical skills and strong communication skills.
This role reports to the VP of Engineering Operations.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Own data and platform monitoring and alerting
- Own site reliability standards, priorities and roadmap
- Inspire and lead a distributed team of Site Reliability Engineers, Software Engineers and Analysts
- Lead incident management and communication
- Groom reliability risks including scaling and capacity planning
- Triage and respond to critical customer issues
- Work closely with the engineering team to create standards around vital production operations needs
- Have provided leadership and support DevOps and Agile oriented organizations with focus on fast pace delivery of new services and features.
- Understanding of ITIL principles and experience implementing ITSM standard practices.
- This role requires an IT Operations mentality within a 24x7 environment and regular weekend activities to supervise and handle time-sensitive Changes.
- Strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with engineering, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.