The Manager of Procurement Analytics is responsible for leading the collection and analysis of enterprise-wide Procurement data in support of the growing portfolio of standard and ad-hoc procurement analytic reports. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with excellent technical skills and attention to detail, who can take ownership of the reporting process including data collection, manipulation, warehousing, quality, as well as the continuous improvement of the overall process. The individual will also be responsible for the ongoing design, creation and production of standard dashboards and other reports using a combination of automated data manipulation (Alteryx) and visual analytics (Tableau).
By having visibility to the entire stack of data elements and partners, the Procurement Analytics Manager will also have a unique opportunity to ‘connect the dots’ and assist in the process of identifying savings opportunities and turning ideas into actual projects. Therefore, helping deliver real-world results by collaborating with the various operational and corporate functions or leading projects when appropriate.
This role reports to the Director of Procurement Analytics and is a highly visible, customer facing, opportunity with room for growth.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
- Own the enterprise-wide spend reporting process to provide timely and accurate data for identification of savings and efficiency opportunities, and assessment of any supply base risk.
- Champion our spend visibility platform and its adoption amongst category leaders and sourcing managers. This includes assisting in the customization of standard dashboards and reporting to best serve the needs of individual users.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the spend visibility platform including the quality of the spend data categorization, supplier name harmonization, tracking of preferred suppliers, diverse supplier status, ongoing data refresh cycles and implementation of operational improvements.
Dashboards and Reporting
- Develop and track performance measurements for the sourcing function and the supply base. This includes but is not limited to the requisition-to-payment process, supplier performance, supplier diversity, and savings/value collection.
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel in the operating Divisions and Corporate staff, to assist in efforts to aggregate and demonstrate total enterprise spend.
- Research, adopt and implement best-in-class tools, processes and automation to maximize results while handling complexity.
- The position requires excellent initiative and the ability to envision, develop, and implement analytical offerings with a focus on advancing projects and driving results.
Sourcing Strategies and Category Support
- Assist in the development of multi-year sourcing plans and our ongoing sourcing project pipeline by providing appropriate levels of data process and developing strategies for running spend/commodity areas, in collaboration with other Sourcing management and Division management.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests in support of specific projects and other operational deliverables.