Entertainment & Youth (E&Y) is comprised of a portfolio of brands (MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Comedy Central, TV Land, Paramount Network, Smithsonian, and Pop) and businesses (Studio, Live Events, D2C, Gaming, etc.) that collectively generate approximately $5B in revenue and $2.3B in Operating Income. The Entertainment & Youth FP&A Manager/Senior Manager will work in close coordination with the VP FP&A to support financial reporting and analysis across the consolidated E&Y brands and businesses, including strategic long-range planning, annual budgeting/monthly forecasting, cash planning, and overall KPIs and metrics. The right candidate for this role is an engaged problem solver that thrives on teamwork and possesses strong analytical fundamentals
This role will begin remotely and ultimately be located in our NYC office.
- Coordinate the planning cycle for E&Y including the long range planning process, annual operating plan (budget) and monthly forecasting processes
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports with operating results (consolidated E&Y and Brand level) and provide quantitative and qualitative analysis of key variances and trends
- Prepare and distribute budget/forecast calendars across all E&Y finance groups in coordination with Corporate FP&A deadlines
- Assist VP, Finance in preparation of presentations addressing senior management on current financial outlook and key performance metrics
- Prepare financial outlook and consolidate risks/opportunities between monthly forecasts
- Analyze overall E&Y brand-specific SG&A spending for areas such as Executive HQs, Strategy & Ops, BALA, HR, etc.
- Lead E&Y organizational cash flow and consolidated cash forecasting across all brands and functional teams
- Manage finances for South Park joint venture, including monthly close process, budget/forecasting, required JV reporting and general financial support to South Park joint venture management team
- Provide backup and oversight in the monthly close process
- Develop relationships and be a great partner between E&Y and centralized revenue teams (Ad Sales, Affiliate, Content Licensing, and Consumer Products) and COEs (Compensation, SG&A, etc.)
- Facilitate a high-level of communication and collaboration with finance teams across the brands/businesses
- Promote a positive work environment demonstrating respect for colleagues at all levels