Noggin from Nick Jr. is a leading interactive learning service for families with young kids. We help children develop skills, knowledge and passions through play with the characters they love. We also give parents important tools to help their kids thrive. A multi-platform direct-to-consumer offering, Noggin reaches families in the domestic market through standalone mobile apps, connected TV apps, and add-on channels. We are building a team of highly motivated, diverse and capable individuals who are eager to work in a startup-like environment within a large media company. We need innovators and self-starters who are passionate about playful learning and comfortable working in a fast-paced, creative and innovative organization.
Noggin is committed to hiring a skilled Data Scientist to develop Noggin’s learning analytics capabilities as an industry leader in personalized learning. The ideal candidate will play a leadership role in developing and implementing analytics that are both informative and actionable for Noggin users and internal Noggin teams. The Director will also communicate key lessons to external audiences.
- Advance Noggin’s learning analytics strategy across content and product
- Engage with Noggin’s product, content, research and learning teams to identify key questions and practical systems for prioritizing user analytics-driven content & product development
- Conceive, refine and oversee the development and implementation of learning analytics across Noggin’s content types and product
- Help inform and lead organization-wide content tagging system initiative
- Partner with product and engineering on identifying the tools needed to capture, store and synthesize learning data
- Ensure that recommendations from Noggin on a child’s learning are accurate and defensible
- Analyze and report on the performance and impact of Noggin’s content with users, including parents and children
- Develop internal dashboards that provide accurate and informative views on learning content to drive quality improvement and ongoing research
- Support development of parent-facing dashboards and other experiences conveying the learning progress of their child
- Develop insights on the impact of Noggin’s content and product that can inform future development
- Staff relevant content and learning “discovery projects” to help integrate learning analytics in all new and existing content forms, product development, and market and informative research
- Develop external presentations with SVP, Content/Strategy and SVP, Learning/Impact to propel Noggin’s leadership in personalized learning