Love variety in your day-to-day and passionate about entertainment? Then we may have the perfect legal opportunity for you! This Paramount position is responsible for providing legal services and counsel to the worldwide marketing operations of all of the studio’s divisions, including theatrical, television production, home media, and television licensing.
- Draft and negotiate complex or novel deals independently for a wide range of marketing agreements, including: agreements for creative content productions, contests/sweepstakes, interactive and digital services, live events, media buying, virtual reality, publicity and awards consultants, artwork commissions, and venue rentals; promotion and sponsorship agreements for co-promotions, premiere sponsorships, co-branded ad-spots; product placement agreements; and influencer agreements.
- Propose and draft new contractual language for existing templates based on department policies and/or new developments in the industry.
- Facilitate workflow of assignment on assigned titles and review contracts drafted by paralegals.
- Become subject matter expert on industry-specific area, such as privacy or media buying.
- Evaluate and advise on intellectual property and content clearance issues for trailers/spots, print and online advertising, and value-added content.
- Provide counsel on industry-specific marketing issues, including COPPA, false advertising, privacy, FTC, and CPSIA.
- Provide practical risk assessment and risk reduction solutions for marketing executives regarding live publicity events/stunts, promotions and content production.
- Supervise and partner with paraprofessional staff in servicing film-specific transactions.
- Establish and cultivate business relationships with demanding clientele from multiple divisions at home office and abroad.
- Partner with Paramount lawyers in the UK and France on film-specific matters.
- Build and lead internal training sessions (e.g. COPPA compliance, IP basics) and develop new client development programs.
- Act as representative of marketing interest in negotiation of TV and Home Media Distribution deals.
- Counsel TV and Home Entertainment teams in managing relationships with partners and exercising rights with respect to marketing assets.
- Instruct and manage outside counsel on ad hoc matters.