We are seeking a dynamic, driven teammate with excellent written and oral communications skills for a Manager of Communications & Publicity for Awesomeness. The Manager will develop and execute internal and external communications strategies for the Awesomeness brand, which includes the digital and live-action studios. Are you a creative, strategic thinker and problem-solver; a strong writer with experience in drafting press releases, bios, internal and external executive announcements and talent and executive quotes? Then this is the role for you!
Core responsibilities include securing consumer and trade publicity opportunities for each studio’s content priorities, elevating overall brand awareness and executive visibility, creatively packaging PR updates both internally and externally, overseeing our industry awards and pitching and securing executive speaking engagements. This role will also collaborate across departments and will add value to the overall organization as a growing specialist in their field. Passion, excellent work ethic, an innate curiosity and a hands-on approach are key to drive success in this position!
What you’ll do:
- Shape publicity strategy for Awesomeness series and content, brand innovation, executive speaking opportunities, and social responsibility efforts.
- Work as part of a team to create impactful media relations campaigns to build buzz around content priorities and spokespeople.
- Manage company announcement timeline with Sr. Director, Communications and provide daily updates and as-needed counsel to internal partners.
- Curate and edit Awesomeness’s weekly internal newsletter that serves as a company-wide business update to employees.
- Proactively pitch media to support Awesomeness content initiatives, including pitching talent and creatives for editorial and broadcast interviews timed to premieres.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with platform streaming partners. Develop launch strategies for series & films that compliment both Awesomeness and the partner’s goals and brand.
- Draft materials for internal & external communications including press releases, pitches, talking points, presentations and employee communications.
- Facilitate and support media relations efforts at future events, including press junkets, red carpets, screenings, conferences and conventions.
- Identify and secure speaking opportunities for executives that ladder up to the company’s core messaging. In addition, pitch and secure staff for editorial trade lists.
- Collaborate and communicate plans with internal teams including marketing, content production, social, legal, audience development and others.
- Work with Kids & Family press department to merchandise media relations efforts to internal teams and partners.
- Oversee awards strategy for both the digital & live-action studio slate including but not limited to the Emmys, Golden Globes, Streamys, Webbys, Cynopsis Model D, and more.