ViacomCBS is looking for a Director of Project Management in our Global Media Operations team. We support a wider GMO Project Management group and ensure alignment with strategic goals and business priorities for the global organization. This Senior Leadership role will act as a key liaison between GMO, ViacomCBS Tech partners, and ensures cohesion with peers in the wider Tech organization.
Are you great at building positive client relationships, have high levels of client trust, and still be able to adhere to global project delivery standards to ensure consistency and quality? If so, this is a great opportunity to join a phenomenal team. You will be a focal point for effective project delivery services and ensuring teams maintain project metrics to drive transparency in project and program tracking. In addition, the Director will drive communications on project information to executive management, directors, and other key personnel.
The role will report up to the VP of Project Management and is based in New York City.
- Be a great partner with Stakeholders, Business Operations (including brand portfolio leads) and Technical Management
- Collaborate with product/technology domain specialists and technology management to find opportunities for efficiency and assist in bringing solutions to life
- Coordinate participation of different technology and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and deployment of key projects
- Ensure that key project status, issues, and activities (e.g., software releases, changes of procedure, etc.) are communicated frequently and thoroughly
- Proactively anticipate, craft and articulate client demands and communicate technology strategy, services and projects to direct reports, partners, and Tech peers
- Ensure levels of communication across the PM teams to build a cross group governance model
- Own program and project budgets and ensure it aligns to key business drivers
- Provide a holistic view of the projects and services for Project Delivery teams and business units and their associated costs back to Tech and/or to the business
- Represent Tech with the affected business units through budget oversight and investment planning activities and vice versa. This includes all capital activities
- Partner with the TIMO to focus the team on delivery in lockstep with priorities from the CTO and assist with governance processes, defining and ensuring practices, policies, standards and process are followed effectively
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate management, customer and vendor involvement throughout the life of the associated operations and projects
- Find opportunities where technology can aid business growth
- Manage distributed teams & pan-global cross-functional relationships
- Establish coaching program as necessary to support our Agile practice