ViacomCBS’ US Networks Distribution (“USND”) team is responsible for the monetization and distribution of our linear Networks and associated VOD to MVPDs, virtual MVPDs, and mobile platforms.
On the Business Development & Operations team within USND, we are focused on deal negotiation and execution of new media rights (e.g. Advanced Advertising, VOD, TVE, new formats) as well as operations and delivery of content.
We are hiring a Director who will be integral in handling ongoing deal commitments, internal advanced advertising relationships, emerging distribution platforms, and traditional distribution renewals. Working collaboratively with the broader distribution team, CBS, Showtime, Pluto and across ViacomCBS’ brands will be required.
- Assist VP, Business Development in operationalizing and handling new deal commitments. Including:
- Ideating new commitments (e.g., VR/AR, data partnerships)
- Developing process for ongoing management and operations of negotiated commitments
- Handling commitments to P&L and reconciliations
- Taking ownership of existing commitments and associated cross-functional relationships (e.g. Product, Tech, Pluto, CBSi, Brands)
- Handle new media rights in existing/upcoming distribution deals day-to-day:
- Weighing in on deal terms and contract negotiations
- Handling existing distribution obligations (e.g. FF-Disable, VOD, TVE)
- Working cross functionally to run tracking and maintenance of obligations (e.g. Working with Research to ensure accurate reporting is being shared)
- Leading weekly and monthly update meetings for various new rights check-ins (e.g. DAI, Advanced Advertising, Product)
- Ad Hoc analysis and strategy projects
- Assisting USND Sales, Finance, and Marketing teams with ad hoc strategy projects, ad sales forecasting, and subscriber forecasting.
- Developing viewpoints on new technologies, emerging platforms, and new formats.