The Senior Coordinator of Production Rights & Clearances and Licensing Operations will work closely with Managers and above on the team to negotiate favorable rates for the use of third party elements across the Entertainment & Youth, Nickelodeon and BET brands for both long form and short form content. Working closely with Production (in-house and/or third party), Development, Brand Creative (Marketing), Digital, Social, Business Affairs and IP Litigation this position works at the heart of production.
- Manage multiple priorities at a time related to licensing for series from pre-production to post; collaborate with client partners at all stages of creative and production process; be proactive in identifying rights issues/necessary permissions, and propose alternative cost-savings and process improvement solutions during content production and execution.
- Execute copyright research and facilitate clearance requests; Negotiate, review and accurately draft licenses and permissions with copyright owners of film, TV, photography, stock and viral footage, games, books, magazines, fonts, etc.
- Collaborate with Management on complex license agreements
- Negotiate with licensors via email, phone, and in-person.
- Maintain tracking reports for all assigned programs/projects and ensure that licenses are executed and paid in a timely manner. Regularly report clearance costs to Production and Production Management via tracking reports.
- Attend greenlight meetings with Business and Legal Affairs, Production and Development teams.
- Review all deliverables in connection to Third Party productions, including, but not limited to Guest and Location Releases and all Licenses for Third Party content.
To be successful in the role, you will have
- Strong working knowledge in licensing third party IP (footage, photos, fonts, graphics, etc) for use in linear and digital programming, advertising, promotions, and brand integrations.
- Established relationships within the licensing community with Films Studios, Photos Houses, etc.
- Passion and comprehensive understanding of the media industry, trends and issues; ability to find opportunities for new partnerships and cross-promotional engagements.
- An understanding of the production process and practical needs of Media Production.