ViacomCBS Corporate Communications is looking to add a member to their executive team who is best-in-class within the financial communications arena. They will report directly to the Executive Vice President, Head of Corporate Communications. This individual will be a key member of the Corporate Communications management team, working closely with the CFO and Investor Relations. The VP will be primarily skilled at using creative, integrated business and financial communications strategies to tell ViacomCBS’ narrative to Wall Street and other key financial audiences. The person in this role will also be responsible for developing communications strategies in support of ViacomCBS’ ESG initiatives, as well as critical issues management.
The candidate should be a creative problem-solver with an affinity for details and media handling skills. A background in financial communications, proven experience deploying digital communications in support of financial/business narratives and strong management skills is necessary. In addition, a strong work ethic and collaborative leadership is ideal.
- Devise and execute integrated marketing/communications plans, media strategies and press materials that enhances ViacomCBS’s reputation with key financial press, and ultimately investor and analyst community
- Secure and lead speaking opportunities for C-suite executives and award nominations to drive executive visibility, company recognition and thought leadership
- Develop messaging and talking points for spokespeople, including media interviews and speaking opportunities at industry conferences and events
- Coordinate with internal and external partners on corporate initiatives
- Build and maintain strong media relationships with trade and best-in-class financial press
- Serve as a writer for senior management
- Build and execute communications calendar that aligns launches, initiatives and corporate breakthroughs with PR opportunities
- Lead all aspects of PR planning and programming corporate achievements, including quarterly earnings, M&A and related events
- Coordinate across departments, fields and brands to accomplish goals
- Stay informed on industry news and flag issues and trends for leaders in a timely manner
- Lead and help develop the financial and corporate communications team