The Counsel, Corporate Transactions will advise on domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, investments and similar transactions, as well as handling other general corporate and departmental matters. The position will report to the Vice President and Senior Counsel, and will be based in New York, NY.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents, such as stock and asset purchase/sale agreements, merger or de-merger agreements, joint venture agreements, partnership/LLC/shareholder agreements, investment agreements, framework agreements, inter-company agreements, confidentiality agreements, transition services agreements, side letters, engagement letters, letters of intent, bid letters and term sheets;
- Working closely and coordinating with ViacomCBS’ corporate development team, tax and accounting teams, divisional business teams and specialist lawyers in connection with the review, analysis, implementation and execution of potential transactions;
- Managing and coordinating due diligence reviews and preparation of related memoranda;
- Managing outside legal advisors on transactional and related regulatory matters;
- Advising on a broad range of business and legal affairs matters;
- Contributing to the various internal knowledge management initiatives, including a precedent document database, template agreements, presentations and training initiatives.