The Manager, Contract Management will work with Music Strategy, Creative Music & Licensing Strategy and Music Operations to manage day-to-day drafting, negotiating and operational needs in connection with the use of original music within Viacom content. The position will also work closely with several other departments including Music & Talent, Business & Legal Affairs, Labor & Employment, Intellectual Property and various production and creative teams.
- Drafting and negotiating composer agreements, music editor agreements, and other agreements regarding music ownership.
- Working with the Music Operations team to ensure timely delivery of music and metadata.
- Maintaining and updating a tracking report and communicating with various departments on the status of agreements.
- Advising various departments on music-related legal matters.
- Reviewing past agreements and researching relevant legal issues.