We are looking for a Coordinator/Sr. Coordinator to join the Creative Music and Licensing Strategy team! This team is a full-service music focused team that handles Music Licensing, Music Strategy and Music Supervision for the cable channels within ViacomCBS, which includes management and operations of Viacom Music Publishing and the Viacom Music Library. This role is based out of our New York headquarters.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and curious lover of music to join our Creative Music and Licensing Strategy team. The Coordinator/Sr. Coordinator will negotiate favorable rates and secure rights and clearances for all music within programming across ViacomCBS’ cable channels. They will work closely and interact regularly with production and content creators, and communicate regularly with production, music supervisors, production management and within the business and legal aﬀairs department. Finalize, record, and track rights information and all aspects related to licensing, including but not limited to, drafting licenses, payment processing and cue sheet review.
As needed, they will assist the creative music team and liaise between network executives and third party Music Supervisors on series. They will occasionally source and pitch music for projects. They may also pitch music supervisors and composer ideas for third party productions.
- Partner with Department SVP, VPs and Senior Manager to implement Creative Music Strategy across ViacomCBS content
- Liaise between network executives and third-party music supervisors to execute sound on shows and campaigns
- Facilitate music clearance requests by working closely with content producers
- Quickly and accurately research music copyright ownership
- Negotiate favorable rates and secure rights to music for use within projects produced by ViacomCBS cable networks, licensing in rights that cover ViacomCBS’ exhibition
- Guide and advise in-house and Third Party productions on ViacomCBS’ music policies throughout all stages of production
- Regularly report music costs to Production and Production Management via tracking grids and over the phone/via email. Work closely with these areas and proactively suggest cost-saving options and alternatives.
- Work closely and communicate regularly with numerous internal groups including Production, Production Management, Music and Talent Department, Digital, Social, Marketing, Business and Legal Aﬀairs.
- Vet content prior to posting/air to ensure that music use is as licensed.
- Facilitate timely and accurate cue sheet deliveries from internal and external productions. Create accurate cue sheets, review and, approve cue sheets created by others. Train and provide guidance on cue sheet requirements to content creators and cue sheet creators.
- Participate in workshops for client groups, and build and foster good working relationships within Viacom Media Networks and within the licensing community.