VP position for the handling of the business and legal affair matters for ViacomCBS Networks America handling Latin America, US Hispanic and Canada. This role will be responding to the needs of the company, including the following areas: channel and content distribution and licensing (linear and non-linear), adjacent and emerging business and multiplatforms, Viacom International Studio multiregional deals, Ad Sales supported business and partnerships, Corporate Governance; and scale growth company opportunities via M&A.
Duties will include the following:
- Structure, draft and negotiate:
- third party agreements related to multiplatform content distribution;
- business and legal matters for adjacent and emerging business;
- commercial agreements, including Viacom International Studio agreements, writer or talent related agreements, co-production agreements, license agreements, content acquisition agreements as well as other ancillary documentation;
- Oversee the review of agreements to provide analysis on available right and restrictions,
- Advise and act as a liaison with internal team by providing counsel; preparing rights, regulatory and overall legal analyses, including for new media/emerging platforms;
- Working and coordinating with BALA members; Counseling multiple client groups on a wide variety of legal matters;
- Advise and counsel client groups representing ViacomCBS Networks Americas platforms, including responsibility for, or key involvement in, developing and implementing policies, practices and strategic initiatives across teams.
- Manager role that leads all aspects of some associate and counsel roles in Miami and in the region.