We are seeking a VP, Content Operations that will work cross functionally with product, business intelligence and engineering members at Pluto TV, and aligns Pluto TV media & content operations with corporate strategy to deliver state-of-the-art services to the organization at a scalable, global level.
The Vice President of Content Operations is a senior leadership role that will report directly to the COO/CFO.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Lead all aspects of the Content Operations team for Pluto TV through optimizing iterative processes, team building, and mentoring for individual development.
- Own workflow for the entire lifecycle of Pluto’s content & content metadata, from inception throughout its lifecycle across the organization with great attention to detail.
- Own process maps, user stories, workflows, project scopes, and standard operating procedures. This includes delivery specs for content partners and ensuring the individual best path for each partner to most efficiently deliver their content and distribute content across all platforms according to customized specs and requirements (i.e. Verizon, Tivo, etc)
- Set KPI's for the department and ensure there are proper tools and metrics to measure efficiency of each goal.
- Adhere to compliance standards set by executive leadership, legal, contracts, and to best practices.
- Build and maintain title/cost tracking system with media orders/purchase orders so that each title can be accurately tracked for inventory, timing and cost.
- Build & continuously improve reporting/dashboards to stakeholders reflecting current status and projections on content/media order status.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to define and develop tools covering MAM and RM systems
- Negotiate vendor rates for ingestion and content processing costs, and all associated costs with content processing vendors. Weigh the value of using vendors versus work done in-house.
- Drive video metadata specification research, development, and consolidation; adhering to style guidelines, character limits, and asset formatting parameters set forth by key metadata aggregation service providers such as Nielsen/Gracenote.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with other departments and partners, including Content Partnerships, Programming, Product, and Engineering.
- Align media operations with our corporate vision. Illustrate the connection between operations and business strategy.
- Business owner / principal stakeholder for product that affects media and content metadata globally.