The (Senior) Director of Strategy will plan and execute financial and business analyses to identify the most valuable business opportunities for Pluto TV, as well as measure, monitor and communicate key aspects of Pluto TV’s business to internal leadership and ViacomCBS business partners.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer / Chief Financial Officer.
This is a meaningful leadership position with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Assessing the business value of concurrently-proposed projects across the company, including a thorough analysis of potential trade-offs, to ensure optimal economic and strategic outcomes as our company roadmap evolves.
- Working cross-functionally (with product, business intelligence, engineering, finance, legal, etc) to deep-dive into important performance issues as they occur, to prioritize, identify, and analyze root causes, and following up to ensure execution of solutions and subsequent measurement of outcomes.
- Leading rigorous analysis of company metrics and associated dashboards in order to monitor business success and to develop insights into areas of improvement/opportunity.
- Assessing various growth opportunities, including hypothesis formation, performing financial and business analyses, and communication of findings.
Opportunity areas include:
- International market entry and growth.
- Expansion of existing domestic consumer markets and entry into addressable new markets.
- ‘Needle-moving’ product and feature enhancements.
- Vertical integration opportunities, including partnership/JV/acquisition options.
- Optimization of partnership economics (programmatic sales, distribution, content).
- Improvement of user economics and LTV (acquisition, retention, usage).
- Assessing the competitive market, including analysis of metrics, economics, content, distribution, product and other areas, in a fast-changing streaming environment.
- Business margin improvemen through identification of internal operational efficiencies, streamlining of vendor services, improving vendor economics, and optimizing employee/contractor resources for continued growth.
- Monitoring the health of our growing international business, including working with international teams to analyze markets and economics, and assess potential new market entry.
- Co-owning the creation of timely, clear, accurate and compelling presentations to communicate business updates at corporate ViacomCBS meetings, including board meetings, Senior Leadership Team meetings, earnings calls, etc.