The Director, Animation Production will support all production aspects of new animation features from concept to completion including oversight of in-house productions, as well as lead all aspects of the relationship with partner studios. The Director, Animation Production will collaborate with Casting, Music, Legal and Finance departments throughout the production process and maintain production guidelines on all projects. Do you have a love for animation, are collaborative and connected within the entertainment industry? Do you have positive relationships with artistic talent and production staff? We are looking for someone with strong communication skills along with a firm understanding of the animation feature pipeline!
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with Producers, Partner Studios, internal departments
- Identify new talent, both emerging and veteran, to support all phases of production.
- Work with Producers, Line Producers and management to identify, mentor and grow the next generation of production and artist talent within the studio.
- Serve as advisor for all production teams by providing guidance on process, pipeline efficiencies, training, reporting and problem solving.
- Build and drive the schedules and logistical plans for the feature animation slate.
- Serve as a key contributor in setting the long-term vision for production for the studio
- Cultivate strong relationships within the animation community to attract the best talent.
- Represent Nick at industry events
- Build strong teams around projects according to each series’ evolving needs and budgets
- Provide ongoing updates to senior management about the progress of each development project against the initial plan. Communicate challenges and offer proactive solutions
- Be dedicated in making key production decisions and eliciting inventive ideas; promote a culture of collaboration between leadership on shows and facilitate feedback throughout their process.
- In partnership with the studio leadership team, identify and evaluate animation subcontractors.
- Stay on top of key industry trends, emerging technology, competitors’ slates.
- Communicate with the legal, finance and technology teams and other studio departments