ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Vice President, Global Compliance is responsible for promoting a strong culture of ethics and compliance. Conduct internal compliance investigations, develop and implement 3rd party due diligence procedures, vet and monitor issues concerning 3rd parties, advise on compliance related business risks and provide counsel on M&A compliance risks.
- Lead all aspects of compliance-related internal investigations coordinating with Internal Audit, outside counsel, Human Resources, Legal and others. Build investigation plans, conduct interviews, document findings and recommend remediation efforts.
- Develop and improve company’s 3rd party due diligence procedures focusing on anti-bribery and corruption, conflicts of interest, anti-money laundering and export controls/sanctions.
- Advise on issues related to film investment, theme park development, international licensing and distribution and the retention of representatives and agents from international markets.
- Ensure business units are trained on identifying “red flags” and conduct appropriate, risk-based due diligence on 3rd parties.
- Evaluate and retain vendors.
- Build a training and tracking approach to ensure adherence to company’s standards in partnership with VP, Global Compliance (Training, Policy and Communications).
- Provide compliance-related counsel to various groups including M&A transactions for domestic and international transactions.
- Propose action plans to ensure compliance efforts are current with the evolving regulatory environment.