ViacomCBS is seeking a Vice President of Government Relations to lead its intellectual property portfolio. The VP will identify, develop and implement legislative and regulatory strategies as it relates to IP issues affecting the company. The VP will report directly to the Executive Vice President, Global Public Policy and Government Relations and will work with members of the DC team to achieve results in other areas of importance to ViacomCBS, including broadcast, tax and trade issues.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Advocate on behalf of ViacomCBS and the divisions with Congressional offices and other federal agencies on IP matters, including the “Washington” side of international IP issues.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with IP policymakers, IP trade associations and other IP organizations of which ViacomCBS is a member.
- Coordinate executive meetings in Washington with policymakers. Schedule regular Congressional and policymaker briefings and meetings on IP issues.
- Work with ViacomCBS and divisional executives on all IP related issues occurring in Washington.
- Attend fundraisers and recommend policymaker meetings for the ViacomCBS Washington Office, Corporate office and divisions.
- Work on other non-IP related Congressional and regulatory issues that impact ViacomCBS as needed.