Paramount Animation Studios - Technical Director
The Technology Department of Paramount Animation provides critical support in creating unique high-quality feature films. Technology is the key component of film making that allows artists to fulfill their artistic goals and enables film makers to create unforgettable film experiences.
We are actively seeking an experienced Technical Director (TD) to provide daily support to artists, show management, and department heads – including, story, editorial, art department, 3D story and layout. He/she will also play a key role to the continuing development of our animation pipeline, tool set, and workflow.
- Communicate with artists to identify production facing problems.
- Provide immediate support to layout artists in troubleshooting shots and publishing data to editorial.
- Gather requirements and input from artists and technology stakeholders to engineer robust and thoughtful software solutions.
- Work closely with Vendors, who are key contributors in making our high-quality films.
- Assist other TDs, Layout and VFX Supervisors, and Pipeline developers to extend and enhance the production pipeline.
- Construct validation tests to ensure software quality.
- Apply analytics to monitor the operations of the studio and streamline operations.
- Assist in training and mentoring of interns and contractors.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Graphics, or related field.
- Strong Python programming skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Production experience in Computer Animation, Visual Effects, or Game Industry
- Familiarity with animation tools, such as Maya, FLIX, and Storybook Pro.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
- Interest in learning and applying machine learning tools.
About Paramount Animation Studios:
Paramount Animation Studios is the animation division and label of Paramount Pictures. Comprised of world-class talent, the studio creates high-quality, CG animated feature films. Its current slate of films include The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge, Rumble, and Tiger's Apprentice.
About Paramount Pictures Corporation:
Paramount Pictures is a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, with robust and multi-faceted divisions across all areas including digital, home entertainment, network and cable television distribution, studio operations, consumer products and recreation. A unit of the leading global entertainment content company, Viacom, Paramount is part of a family of prominent and respected brands including MTV Networks and BET Networks.