Viacom Digital Studios (VDS) is seeking an experienced Los Angeles-based Post Production Manager. This is a cross-brand-role, working alongside brand leads and the Director of Production in managing and supporting all post production for VDS on the West Coast.
In this role, primary responsibilities include ensuring each project is appropriately staffed with the correct post team (Editor and AE). This pairing is based on the brand, genre, format, experience and availability needed to ensure that project is successful.
The Post Manager is also accountable for reviewing and tracking post calendars and ensuring projects are on schedule as well as coordinating reviews, mix & color sessions, conforms and final deliverables.
- Oversees West Coast VDS Post Production Team
- Works closely with Production Director in forecasting monthly resource projections for both Editors and AE’s
- Responsible for attaching post resources to each brand’s programming calendars, and manages the internal schedules of the Editors/AE’s to ensure both are in alignment
- Partners with Brand Leads to review schedules making certain key post production turning points work in conjunction with the brand’s programming goals
- Collaborates with West Coast Post Production Operations on edit bay resources and identifying new protocols and processes
- Maintains and grows the VDS West Coast freelance rolodex of Editors, AEs, Post Producers, Audio Mixers and Color Graders
- Review & Tracking of post production calendars and support the technical aspect of final delivery of assets
- Works with the internal Post Operations Team in delegating assignments