Music & Media Licensing negotiates costs and secures rights for music and other media used in programming. They research and review copyright ownership information, draft and prepare music licensing contracts for execution and analyze programming rights information for internal and external clients.
We are seeking a Coordinator to join our Music and Media Licensing team! The Coordinator will be involved in negotiating favorable rates and securing rights to third party materials (music & other media) for use across multiple projects; working closely and interacting regularly with production, production management and within the business and legal affairs department; finalizing, recording, and tracking rights information and all aspects related to licensing; and functioning as a project leader on special assignments.
- Work across multiple clearance teams on projects that may include long and short form programming for linear and digital platforms, promos, third party productions, in-house productions, re-clearances, audio releases, consumer products, composers and more
- Facilitate clearance requests by working closely with content producers in researching copyright ownership and by researching rights to pre-existing ViacomCBS material as necessary
- Guide and advise content producers (internal and third party) throughout all stages of production. Work as a collaborator, providing realistic advice and suggesting alternatives while at the same time implementing ViacomCBS policy and practices
- Negotiate licenses and permissions with copyright owners of music, film, TV, photography, video games, digital content, books, magazines, record label content, artist management, etc.
- License in rights that cover ViacomCBS’ exhibition across multiple platforms including linear, digital, social media, mobile apps, games, audio releases, and more.
- Collect, review and approve show deliverables including license agreements, guest releases, cue sheets, etc. to ensure that they conform to negotiated terms
- Regularly report clearance costs to Production and Production Management via tracking grids and over the phone/via email. Work closely with these areas and proactively suggest cost-saving options and alternatives
- Report discrepancies or missing information to Producers and follow up to ensure accurate completion
- Maintain contract files and tracking reports for all assigned programs/projects and ensure that licenses are executed and paid in a timely manner
- Vet content prior to posting, to ensure necessary clearances are in place and route to ViacomCBS attorneys when necessary
- Participate in workshops for client groups, and build and foster good working relationships within ViacomCBS and the licensing community
- Track and process all payments