The Director, Social Impact will report directly to the Chief Social Impact & Communications Officer. Daily responsibility includes: further develop, handle and implement BET’s community investment program. This position will also help champion partnerships that strengthen BET’s relationship with our employees and the communities we serve.This is a fast moving environment and you must be able to perform duties with a sense of urgency. The candidate must excel at jumping into and working on diverse array of projects simultaneously. The ideal profile will be a phenomenal teammate and long-term strategic thinker.
- Handle execution of global internal and external giving strategy and guidelines (e.g. grants, charitable giving, non-profit/NGO partnerships, etc.)
- Work closely with the Chief Social Impact & Communications Officer on tracking, forecasting, handling and analyzing the overall charitable budget including all fiscal, in-kind/cash and volunteering contributions; as well as proactively pitching news ways to streamline processes and refine strategy
- Help lead all aspects of and expand our global giving and volunteering platform and programs, working closely with our providers on how to continuously develop and grow the system, using standard methodologies across the industry and developing internal marketing campaigns against key objectives
- You will be responsible for monitoring the calendar of key industry events, galas and conferences related to social impact, working as a team across the company to streamline processes and ensure BET is represented at key events.
- Establish tight-knit collaboration with key business partners to identify and drive awareness and engagement with CSR programs throughout the organization.
- Works in tandem with creative and design for internal and external marketing campaigns promoting our ongoing giving and employee engagement initiatives.
- Primary point person for non-profits and organizations we support fiscally and/or partner with for volunteer events throughout the year
- Leads all aspects of BET’s Corporate Memberships Program in New York City, ensuring partnerships are utilized, maintained and maximized.
- Catalyst for ongoing volunteer and employee initiatives as needed across department
- Calculate impact and cost savings from projects and provide analyses of results; establish, track and report progress on CSR critical metrics.