The newly merged ViacomCBS is a leading global premium content company that delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect billions of people.
The Entertainment & Youth Group is comprised of some of our most important and iconic brands – MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, TVLand, The Paramount Network and Smithsonian to name a few. These brands have been producing content fans love such as South Park, The Daily Show, Jersey Shore, Younger, Yellowstone and Ru Paul’s Drag Race. These groups develop IP across all types of content and platforms.
ViacomCBS is seeking a Senior Vice President of Human Resources to be part of a new leadership team.
The role’s main purpose is to build the People Strategy that will support these brands in realizing their aspirations. This will require someone who can think big, is comfortable challenging convention, and knows that relationships are the critical ingredient in a creative organization. The role would be a champion of the brand’s culture and core values. Whether coaching clients on leading their teams, defining the right behaviors that enable the desired culture and implementing the required changes or ensuring all resources are optimized for the future – this role is all about change and culture. The SVP of Entertainment and Youth HR will be an integral part of the Entertainment & Youth leadership team. This leader will bring thought leadership and a plan for people and organizational opportunities, challenges and changes required.
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping client group leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, team structures, and processes
- Facilitate long-term initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda where appropriate
- Partner with line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy
- Provide resources, leadership and counsel regarding diversity and inclusion in partnership with the ViacomCBS Corporation centralized D&I function
- In collaboration with Centers of Excellence, provide a broad range of HR support for achieving strategic business objectives that include talent management, talent acquisition, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, compensation and benefits
- Develop and promote ongoing feedback mechanisms for leaders and employees to influence the continuous improvement of the business partners’ services and processes
- Lead an HR team that will support business strategies and run day-to-day HR responsibilities (employee relations, org re-structures, partner with training & recruitment, etc.)
- Provide expert advice and coaching to leaders and employees when appropriate
- Understand and solicit employee feedback and anticipate their needs and concerns
- Substantial eye for business acumen
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy
- Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy
- Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis
- Ability to engage, encourage, and influence people
- Effective teammate and networker
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Significant knowledge of HR policies and processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management)
Track record of success in the following areas:
- Providing business value to the enterprise and to leaders and their orgs through the HR Business Partner function
- Building credibility and trust across a diverse range of client groups
- Excellent manager of HR business partners including attracting, developing and retaining staff.
- Building dedication and trust among clients, peers, partners, and direct reports
- Rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions
- Superb communication skills and an understanding of how to communicate large complex change
- Experience with creative cultures and motivating creative individuals and teams
- Experience in transformational change
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis