ViacomCBS Vantage is a market leading premium offering that enables our advertising partners to more effectively understand and reach their advanced audience segment(s) on ViacomCBS’s linear, Addressable TV, and Connected TV inventory. The offering is one of the products of ViacomCBS’s investment in Advanced Marketing Solutions (AMS) which is a high priority area for ViacomCBS. Over the next few years, the Vantage will continue to develop and evolve: the Account Executive for Vantage is a key team member who will be part of that future growth.
Leads several areas including vertical/category specific end-to-end client/agency management, ViacomCBS Vantage data sales strategy/product development, ViacomCBS Vantage go to market strategy, and ViacomCBS Vantage tracking and materials organization/communication streams with Data and Sales teams. The Account Executive reports to and supports the VP in all key areas listed. They also will work hand-in-hand with the Vantage Sales Service Executives as well as manage communication streams with the Vantage, Audience, Data Science, Operations, P&I, Digital, Addressable, Agency/Client, and ViacomCBS Sales teams.
Ad Sales Support for Vantage Product
- Act as an internal/external resource for ad sales on all things ViacomCBS Vantage.
- Work hand in hand with all relevant internal/external groups including ViacomCBS Vantage, Audience, Data Science, Operations, P&I, Digital, Addressable, Agency/Client, and ViacomCBS Sales teams, Integrated Marketing, etc.
- Communication and education - provides ongoing ViacomCBS Vantage updates, materials, and education to ad sales teams on the evolution of Vantage product and the market/ competitors overall
- Manage requests and priorities for Vantage pitch proposals and assess the best strategy to pitch clients which will be broken out based on verticals/categories
- ViacomCBS Vantage lead for sales team in all processes for pitches, sales, execution, stewardship, recap, and upselling opportunities
- Management of internal/external onboarding of clients pre/during/post Vantage campaign across every step in the process to ensure a seamless workflow with all touchpoints and teams
Liaison Ad Sales – Data Strategy
- Collaborate constantly with VP, ViacomCBS Vantage team, ViacomCBS sales teams, and ViacomCBS Data Product/Data science teams, so that ViacomCBS Ad Sales best utilizes
- ViacomCBS’s advanced data capabilities to deliver the best results based on client/agency KPIs
- Manage data science requests to sales team for onboarding of clients based on verticals
- Manage and adapt the development of the evolving ViacomCBS Vantage onboarding process to create most efficient and effective sales and operations procedures for clients and agencies
- Educate ViacomCBS Product/Data Science team on Ad Sales environment, common practices, vertical differences, product needs, and operations process
Vantage Process, Materials, Tracking
- Strategize and develop ViacomCBS Vantage go to market strategy and the market-facing pitch materials for Vantage each year with VP, ViacomCBS Vantage marketing, and Integrated marketing
Translate data strategy into digestible insights and strategic plans – to cut through complexity in order to create clarity and simplicity for clients.
- Assess current process and identify areas of opportunity/development in end to end client experience from an Ad Sales prospective
- Strategize and help create the approved vertical based pitch list, process guidelines, vertical-appropriate dollar amount/campaign spend sizing, deal process, latest ViacomCBS Vantage offering, etc with VP of Vantage Sales
- Strategize and develop vertical based client target lists with VP of ViacomCBS Vantage and SVPs/EVPs/VPs/DPS/SSEs of sales team to prioritize the client pitch list and next steps to secure Vantage upfront/scatter buys
- Ensure continued progress of ViacomCBS Vantage pitches by vertical/agency/client weekly
- Track status of ViacomCBS Vantage deal execution/ phase by client throughout closed, live, and finished deals. Gathers information from the sales teams/ P&I/ Operations. Flags any issues to the corresponding leads and supports finding resolution. Communicates back to Ad Sales
Communication and Teamwork
- Lead internal kickoff calls prior to a client starting a Vantage campaign for constant communication across all teams: Sales, P&I, Operations, to ensure they are fully informed on process, guidelines, product, etc.; and throughout Vantage deals lifecycle
- Provide regular reporting to ViacomCBS Executive Team and ad sales management on client progress, key questions, Vantage evolution, etc. Develop forecasts, maintain pipeline
- Manage requests from ViacomCBS leadership, Ad Sales leadership, and Data Strategy leadership under tight timelines
- Share vertical specific data and insights across verticals. Tracking vertical spending (and non-spending), analyze spending and strategy of clients within verticals to ensure we are approaching and pitching the proper clients.
Vertical and Client-Facing Expert on ViacomCBS Vantage
- External meeting resource, attending client and agency meetings with ViacomCBS Vantage team to consult, pitch, ask questions, and take/share notes during the meeting and ensure proper prep and pre-meeting agenda is on point – and post-meeting AIs are followed up on, notes are shared and tasks and completed
- Handle intensive levels of back and forth communication with all key stakeholders to ensure client/agency satisfaction and success with ViacomCBS Vantage product
- Coordinate all phases of ViacomCBS Vantage campaign between Client/Agency, Sales, and Data Strategy – e.g., ensure all materials and information needed for Vantage deals and studies are collected and distributed between the various internal (Vantage, Sales, P&I, Ops, Legal, S&P, etc) and external teams (Client, Agency, etc..)
- Work with ViacomCBS Vantage team to package recap reports for client flighting/quarterly/yearly client wrap ups and upsell/next steps
- Attend advertising/audience/data conferences, vertical focused audience data based seminars/webinars