Viacom is searching for a Vice President, Music & Licensing Strategy to drive strategy and lead department initiatives for the revenue generating areas within the Music and Licensing Strategy Group, including Clip and Still Licensing, Music Publishing and Audio. Additionally, this role is responsible for impacting and influencing department-wide initiatives such as technology opportunities and inter-department global communications.
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to the following:
- Lead all aspects of copyright, licensing, and royalty tracking. Coordinate with teams across the globe and across the company including Finance, Production Management, Legal, Music and Media Licensing.
- Collect and accurately analyze information across Viacom globally. Review usage data, royalties and statements.
- Identify and present trends and opportunities. Provide clear and specific information about these businesses for teams and executives across Viacom.
- Provide input and data for deals. Bring in opportunities for new business for Viacom clips, photos, publishing and masters, soundtracks, digital distribution of audio (DSPs, soundexchange).
- Lead a team of 3 day-to-day (based in Nashville, NY and LA). Hire and supervise additional staff, freelancers, interns.
- Lead Clip Licensing team: set goals, create growth opportunities for the businesses, improvements and efficiencies for department's process and systems.
- Partner with Department Head on department culture and team initiatives. Create and balance inter-department communications, events, leadership development opportunities, alignments with other departments, guest speakers, external events, department training events and priorities within the Licensing community and songwriter community globally.