PlutoTV is looking for a Senior Architect to oversee scaling and efficiency of our back-end Services. PlutoTV is a free ad-supported over-the-top television service with over 100 linear channels and 1000s of VOD movies and TV shows. As of August 2019 we had 18million unique viewers, a 50% growth in just 6 months. And we are growing ever faster as we add more premium branded content and we expand into new international markets.
As we mature from a scrappy startup into an industry-leader we need to develop our solutions and processes so we can grow efficiently, reliably, and globally. You have developed infrastructure that handles billions of transactions every day, 24/7/365. You know how to build highly-performing data pipelines and communication protocols. You can capture data to find weaknesses and know how to make the necessary improvements.
- Ensuring the PlutoTV infrastructure scales efficiently for current and future levels
- Recognizing system inefficiencies and proposing improvements
- Supporting millions of simultaneous viewers world wide
- Clearly communicating ideas and processes to software engineers and executive-level management, verbally and in writing.
- Communicating systems risk to your team and management, supporting the best decision making based upon available parameters and constraints
- Building prototype or experimental software and infrastructure
- Ensuring consistent PlutoTV coding style and naming conventions are followed
- All software components have well defined and documented APIs
- Client software is efficient, scalable, secure and error free.
- Making decisions for today with an eye on the future.
- Writing design documents with enough detail and clarity to possibly hand off to a software engineer to build.
- Maintaining documentation so it is up to date and correct.