The Senior Technical Manager’s primary job responsibility is to reduce risk to Viacom Information and Information Systems through the understanding and use of various data security technologies, applications, methodologies and industry standards. The Senior Technical Manager will be a Technology professional able to provide advanced expertise in Information Security Technologies and risk reduction strategies. In addition to daily operational responsibilities, this role will be responsible for the innovation and execution of people/process and technology improvements within Information Security as well as the broader MTS group. This role includes a focus on DevSecOps and requires daily interaction with DevOps to enforce Secure SDLC requirements.
- Coordinates with DevOps to verify compliance with Secure SDLC process and monitors secure code enforcement and remediation efforts.
- Works independently applying in-depth knowledge of multiple Information Security technologies (Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB)/Database Security (DAM)/Data Breach Solutions (DBS)/Data Leakage Prevention (DLP)/Data Security and File Encryption platforms/DDOS Protection Platforms/ Dynamic Web and Static Code Testing Solutions/Email Security Platforms/Endpoint Protection and Response solutions/Firewalls/Identity and Access Management Platforms (IAM)/IPS solutions/Network Behavioral Analysis (NBA)/Privileged Access Management (PAM)/Security Information Management Solutions (SIM)/Threat Management Platforms (TMP)/Vulnerability Management platforms/Web Application Firewalls (WAF)/Web Security URL Filtering, etc.) as appropriate.
- Performs sophisticated analysis of Information Security related logs and log data to surface potential Information Security risk and concerns for resolution.
- Actively makes risk reducing recommendations to appropriate business units regarding the development of new or existing services.
- Participates in Incident Response training initiatives and when required ensures active participation in the incident response lifecycle governed by the Technical CIRT Policy.
- Frequently reviews any tickets in any service ticketing queues related to the group handled to ensure accurate ticket closure.
- Effectively lead a team of employees and/or consultants to deliver efficiently on projects and maintain positive team dynamics and communications.