At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Data Test Engineers (DTE) test and verify Pluto TV’s analytics events across all applications. This role is a DTE with a focus on Data Quality. In this role you will apply your QA, Data Quality, and SQL experience to manually test the firing of analytics events and verify those events in downstream databases or files. This DTE will work with Business Intelligence analysts and developers to make sure data quality and integrity is maintained as new events are added to applications. The position requires strong QA experience with a focus on data, knowledge of data pipelines from raw data to reporting, and demonstrable SQL skills. The DTE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings, and work alongside product management to address how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
- Work with project teams implementing analytics features into client applications and verify the firing of those analytics events by manually working with devices or initiating scripts.
- Verify capturing of analytics events in related file systems or databases through SQL, or a scripting language (Python, Java, shell scripting, etc.)
- Work with Business Intelligence and Product Management to create test strategies, plans and cases that provide acceptable coverage for a given data pipeline, from event creation to reporting.
- Perform data profiling on downstream data for the purposes of finding field anomalies and possible data quality issues.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology, highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
- Work with other members of Data Test Engineering to compile a regression test suite that can be executed quickly.
- Help create a manageable, repeatable strategy for manual test cases.
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.