About The Brand
MTV is the leading global youth media brand in 180 countries, reaching 450 million households in nearly 30 different languages across every platform. MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand, the cultural home of the millennial generation and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects pop culture with award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, the internet and other platforms. A unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios.
Overview and Responsibilities
- Generate concepts and ideas for a wide range of shows and tones, from initial brainstorms to 360 campaigns.
- Write and ideate across all media, including print, on-air and digital.
- Multitask and work across a variety of projects at different stages at the same time.
- Effectively pitch creative and scripts up the approval chain in small and large groups.
- Collaborate across all disciplines with team members to execute high-level creative, move the project forward and meet deadlines and budgets.
- Proofread own work. Check for accuracy and consistency, as well as spelling, grammar and style.
- 3-6 years’ experience.
- Editorial/copywriting experience at an advertising agency or entertainment company.
- Strong creative/strategic writing and conceptual skills; able to write in a multitude of voices across all mediums.
- Portfolios must be provided.
- Has worked in advertising and/or on-air promotions.
- Can write and develop many concepts for a project, even within tight timeframes.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task as needed
- Effective presenter and communicator.
- Strong knowledge of pop culture and current/emerging trends.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed